With Kids training and workshops create a dynamic and thought-provoking environment with a mixture of presentation, experiential activities with lively group discussion.
WHY CHOOSE WITH KIDS TO DESIGN AND DELIVER TRAINING?
With Kids are a children’s mental charity that is practice based in Scottish nursery and schools and a training centre for student play therapists for the MSc in play therapy (validated by Queen Margaret University Edinburgh). As an organisation we have access to the latest worldwide research through a shared academic database.
Our qualified play therapists deliver bespoke training workshops, and CPD courses for schools, social work, NHS and third sector organisations throughout the year. Delivery can be either direct face to face or delivered online. All materials and a CPD certificate will be supplied in conjunction with any training we deliver.
WITH KIDS STAFF EXPERTISE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Up to date knowledge on the current thinking on children’s emotional and social development – from 0 to 12 years
- Neurodevelopmental processes.
- The impact of disrupted attachment on children’s ability to form and maintain relationships.
- Understanding the support care experienced children and families may benefit from.
- The impact of trauma on children’s cognitive, emotional and social development.
- The impact of trauma on family relationship dynamics.
- The role of play in children’s communication.
- Information and training in supportive therapeutic interventions or techniques.
- Organisational staff support and training in an educational, social work, health setting
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Two inhouse training rooms one for up to 30 people and one for up to 20 people.
- Fully functional kitchen area and toileting facilities.
- PowerPoint presentation facilities.
- Experiential resources, handouts and stationery.
- Detailed training outline with aims and objectives, reference sources.
- Certificate confirmation of Continued Professional Development hours.
HOW TO COMMISSION TRAINING:
- Think about what your staff / organisational /personal training needs are.
- More information on specific topic, staff support, listening reflective space?
- When and where you would like it to take place?
- We can come to you, or you can come to us.
- How long do you want it to be?
- It can be from an hour, half day, a whole day, monthly?
- Direct face to face, online training or a blended model?
- Consider what additional needs your staff might have, such as time to be together since covid?
- What kind of evaluation do you require for the training?
- We offer several different qualitative and quantitative measures of evaluation for our training.
- How much will it cost?
- Our aim is to deliver competitive, good quality training to help support staff working with vulnerable children and families.
- We are always willing to tailor programmes to individual budgets or proposed funding applications.
- Get in touch and have a chat